Saturday, September 6, 2008

Florence - Our 1st Day on the Road


The view out our window


The view inside our room


Along the Arno River


The Ponte Vecchio - The most famous bridge in Florence

Doorways along the streets

Tasteful grafitti



The stone work was surpassed only...



by the quaintness of the narrow streets...


and the tall buildings



Artwork was everywhere

Even normal life was art.



Some people expressed their own art


Every street had its shops

but the best shops sold gelato


Fortresses, castles and museums were everywhere


There was no shortage of Churches and bell towers



The Arno River at dusk

Shops on Ponte Vecchio

Sidewalk cafes were especially busy at night

Piazza S.S. Annunziata

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning pictures yet again.

Luke & Natalie said...

I'm still jealous. I'm going with you next time.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I love that you guys have a blog! I wish my parents would put one together. I always see visits to our blog coming from Steve's blog, maybe some of them are you guys? (I have a "stalker" feature on my blog that shows me who visits and from where. It's actually really fun to be able to see that.)

I am SO stinkin jealous of your trip! Some day I will go to Europe...

Mel
melandstevebarnes.blogspot.com